Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Busy Weekend

From work, to charity, to play - a great weekend!

Friday morning, our company participated in an event at the Lowell Memorial Auditorium called "Made in Lowell." Although we are mostly importers/distributors, I thought it would be fun to be part of this event, and we do "make" all our patterns, marketing, etc. Not everyone "got it." We had to do a lot of explaining about what a yarn company does. But overall I think it was great to participate. Next year I think we'll attend rather than exhibit; it was fun to see the companies that do manufacturing in our City. And I think I found a local printer, and a guy who does great tote bags out of recycled and organic materials. I'm calling him today!

This past Sunday the Lexington (MA) Arts and Crafts Society had a "knit in". They asked us to provide a trunk show, so Saturday I met up with my friend Cass (who is a member, and the creator of the pretty pin cushions I wrote about recently) and put up some posters and hung some sweaters. Two other yarn companies had things displayed too. I heard it was a fun day - even Wren Ross was there - but sadly I didn't make the actual event. Some amazing work was on display by the Society's members. The exhibit will be there until October 18 - if you're in the area, check it out.

I didn't make the Lexington event because on Sunday, I walked with my daughter and her family in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event in Boston. 38,000 walkers! It was amazing; they raised a lot of money for breast cancer research - hooray! C and her friend were troopers.


After riding in on the T, we trekked over the to Hatch Shell and the official starting line. We all made it the 3+ miles. Although the weather wasn't beautiful, it was perfect-enough for a walk. Not too hot; not too sunny; brisk is how I would describe it. After the walk, we went to brunch at a family-friendly place in Cambridge called Full Moon - really fun for the group, and great food!

Next weekend it's all about getting some knitting done...oh, and some baseball. Go Red Sox!

1 comment:

a friend to knit with said...

i want to sit behind a classic elite table someday. :)