Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Moms

I have two children. My daughter is 34 (and the proud mother of my g'daughter), and my son is 31. I love them both dearly. They have both had struggles of late and I have tried my best to be "there" for them both. When you have children, I don't think it occurs to you that they will be your babies all your life. No matter how old they get, you want to help them, fix their boo-boos, let them make good decisions. And just when you think they've left you and are on their own, they come back. They need you again. It's one of life's pleasures and one of life's burdens all at the same time. My son started a new job last week - an exciting and terrifying experience all at the same time. I send him virtual hugs every day. My daughter will be struggling with a health issue for awhile. I want to hug her, tell her it's going to be okay (which it will be) and support her every minute. Some days it's easy. Some days my own life intrudes and I can't be there for her, and that's hard. We all just do the best we can. Hug your kids every day you can. Be the best you can be - it's all we can do.

1 comment:

a friend to knit with said...

Betsy, thanks so much for this.
It was a beautiful post.
Hugs to you, too.