Wednesday, June 06, 2007

It's all about balance

I've just returned from a business trip. It was exhausting! I have all the usual follow up things to do - making phone calls; handling orders; creating new business opportunities. What I really want to do is just sleep and knit. Sleep and knit.
I did get to see loads of friends. I spent awhile with one special friend who I only see at shows. Hi Leslie - say hi to your sybs and mom too! We always have fun picking out knitting projects. She found some good ones on this trip!
Now it's all about the usual regain-control-of-the-house issues: I think I am now caught up on the laundry, but I dropped off about $75 worth of dry cleaning this morning; I have to do a big grocery store trip or it will be pizza for awhile; and I need to get caught up on my bill paying. All I really want to do is sleep and knit. Did I say that already?
While I was gone, H took granddaughter C to see the Clydesdales! I love Clydesdales. I have always loved them. When H was less than 2 years old, we went to a parade specifically to see them. There is a horse farm in New Hampshire, and that's where C got to see her first Clydesdales. I'm jealous that I wasn't along for the trip, but thrilled that she got to see them.
The weekend before, we spent some time at the beach. C loved collecting rocks with her Daddy. She's getting so big... I finally got two of my gardens planted (one more to go). I can't wait to be there this summer.
Oh. And I finished another knitting project. Photos later.

1 comment:

a friend to knit with said...

:)

Look forward to seeing that finished project!