Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Crafts

I belong to a great knitting group. We don't knit much any more when we're together, but we all do a lot of crafts when we have the time. It's more of a fun get-together with friends than a knitting group, but we still call it knitting group. My friend Cass showed us some pincushions she had made. She took various materials including machine-knitted pieces, beads, embroidered bits, and yarns, and made little "cakes". They are so cute! I think she did a great job (I bought the one in the center). I'm encouraging her to put them up on Etsy. What do you think?

P.S. The pieces in the foreground are coasters I bought at a crafts fair. They are just felted pieces, cut into squares (not even very evenly). I really liked the colors (one is solid orange; the other is stripes of green and beige), and they are very handy here in the office. And how appropriate for a yarn company!

1 comment:

a friend to knit with said...

she absolutely should put those on etsy.
they are SO cute.