Monday, May 14, 2007

Woolly Weekend

What a great weekend! Beautiful weather, and a great trip to the New Hampshire Sheep & Wool Festival in Contoocook, NH. R & I gathered up granddaughter C, and off we went. It was so neat to see her check out the animals, from sheep to llamas to alpacas and goats. And a couple of great rabbits too! R especially liked the Border Collies, herding those sheep around the fields. I found some bison (buffalo) fiber that is fabulous. It comes from the Still River Mill in Eastford, CT. Here's what the tag says: "This yarn is lovingly crafted from 100% American Bison Fiber. It is collected from hides using a revolutionary new enzymatic process that allows the fiber to be removed from the hide without shearing it. This along with our thorough de-hairing process has resulted in the finest buffalo produts ever produced." And I have to tell you, it is really soft! Sorry about the horrible photo. I need to work on my photography skills. I have 240 yards of this very deep blue color ... now what should I knit?

No comments: